How to enter
Club Photographer of the Year (POTY) 2014-2015
This seasons club competitions consist of three competitions, two printed and one digital image.
The print competitions will be judged by a qualified person who is not a club member. The judge will give results and feedback at the following club night.
The projected digital competition will be judged by club members.
First print competition is 24th November 2014
Projected digital image competition is 2nd February 2015
Second print competition is 27th April 2015
The themes for the print competitions are as follows:
First Print Competition
Theme 1: Seascape
Theme 2: Monochrome
Choice of subject is entirely at your discretion. A monochrome image depends largely upon making best use of the tones, shape and form in the original picture. Finish may be in black and white or any other monotone hue.
Theme 3: Domestic animals
Any animal that “ has been tamed and kept by humans as a work animal, food source, or pet” (dictionary definition)
Projected Digital Night. Open – anything and everything.
Images will need to be submitted in digital format on a CD/DVD; memory stick / USB key;
Theme 5: Portrait, with emotion
Theme 6: Macro, or close-up
- Members may enter one print for each of the nominated themes.
- Minimum acceptable print size is 10 inches x 8 inches (254 mm x 203 mm).
- Maximum acceptable print size is 16 inches x 12 inches (405mm x 305mm).
- Entries will be accepted mounted or unmounted (see Rule 10). If mounted, the mount size must not exceed 20 inches x 16 inches.
- Prints may be in colour or in monochrome unless specifically stated in the theme.
- Prints for Themes 1,2 and 3 must be submitted on or before the club meeting in November, 2013.
- Prints for Themes 4, 5 and 6 must be submitted on or before the club meeting in April, 2014.
- Judges will be appointed by the club committee.
- Depending upon the artistic, creative and technical ability shown as well as relevance to the nominated theme, judges will award points on a scale of 1 to 10 to each print. Decimal portions of marks may be awarded at the judge’s discretion eg 8.5, 9.0, 9.5 etc.
- Mounted prints will be awarded two bonus points by the competition committee.
- The total points gained by each member from all themes will be used to decide upon the club photographer of the year. He or she gets to have the shield for the year.