Rules of Competitions
Rules of entry to Club Photographer of the Year (POTY)
- Entry is open only to fully paid up members
- Members will be in categories Advanced and Non-Advanced. New members will self categorise with Committee oversight
- Judges will be appointed by the club committee.
- Judges decisions will be final
- Points will be awarded by the nominated judge according to: a) relevance to the nominated theme b) artistic, creative and technical ability
- The total points gained by each member from all themes will be accumulated and used to decide upon the club photographer of the year. The winner is awarded the competition shield and keeps it for the following year.
Rules for printed images competition
- Minimum acceptable print size is 10 inches x 8 inches (254 mm x 203 mm).
- Maximum acceptable print size is 16 inches x 12 inches (405mm x 305mm).
- Unmounted prints will be deducted two points.
- Mount size must not exceed 20 inches x 16 inches.
- Judges will award points on a scale of 1 to 10 for each print. Half marks may be awarded at the judge’s discretion eg 8.5, 9.0, 9.5 etc.
- Prints may be in colour or monochrome unless specified.
Rules for projected images competition
- All images should be JPEG/JPG file format and 2400 pixels on the longest side at 240 dpi. Minimum JPEG Quality of 10.
- Images can be brought in prior to competition on memory card, USB key or CD. Alternatively images can be emailed to Competition Secretary (email@example.com)